Thursday, October 05, 2006

Horse-shitting-gobbledy-gahwk


So, recently found out where my middle name came from: my great-grandfather Guy McNary Philips. My folks almost named me guy, but since it couldn't possibly be explained to be derived from the yet-to-be-manifested Street Fighter character, they wisely chose to stick with Graham. Now, I don't really know anything about this dude, and he died when my dad was five or six, so he don't know shit, and my grandma died a few years back and I never had occassion to discourse with her on the topic, so we're all fucked in the dark. But, then my dad got a letter in the mail from some old chick from that side of the family, a little remembrance piece from some writing class she took, so i found out this guy (haha) was a deacon in his church, and also a Mason. Fuckin weird...and that's really all I got out of those six paragraphs. Oh, wait, I guess he said "dodurned" a lot as a cuss word. Fuck. I suppose nobody really gives a fuck, but I never got any sort of explanation of my name from my folks, so this sort of piques my interests.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home